Dear Geography Professors, Staffs, Majors, Alumni and friends
On behalf of the outgoing 46th Management Committee (AY2011/2012) of the NUS Geographical Society, I would like to express our heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you for your kind assistance, encouragement and support that have seen us through the past academic year. We are indeed very grateful and appreciative of all the time and opportunities that you have given us, and it is our hope that through the events we have organized the past one year -
- Majors' Welfare initiatives
- Academic Welfare: Majors' Tea, Careers' Talk, Essay Clinics, Sale of GE1101E papers, Study Sessions @ Earth Lab, Welcome Tea
- Bi-monthly outings: LTA Gallery & Circle Line Food Hunt, Bukit Brown Cemetery, St John's Island, URA Gallery & Chinatown Boutique Hotels, Tanjung Piai & Pulau Kukup (Johor)
- Special Projects: Overseas Field Trip to Hanoi, Sports Day, Exams Welfare Pack
- Identity initiatives
- Keep Calm & Geog On shirts (2011/2012), Geog On Mug, Geographers' Jacket
- Geosphere 2012: Geography aLIVE!
- NUS Geography Challenge
- GC2012 - Sketching Singapore: Our Urban Playground
- Freshmen Immersion Camp
- Anything GEOS!
we have managed to reach out to you in some way or other/ made you smile and/or made your stay in the Department a more meaningful and memorable one.
As we (prepare to) mark the end of our term as the 46th Management Committee tonight at the NUS Geographical Society Annual General Meeting (AGM), we will also be electing the new office bearers of the 47th Management Committee. I sincerely hope that you will continue to support this new Management Committee as they take over the running of the NUS Geographical Society from 3 September 2012 (Mon) onwards, with a continued mission to
- "serve the needs, welfare and aspirations of students of Geography in NUS;
- in maintaining a strong and close relationship between the student community and faculty at the Department of Geography;
- and in promoting the discipline of Geography amongst the Singaporean student community".
To conclude this term proper, the 46th Management Committee has put together a short photo montage of all the events we have done the past one year, which we hope to share with you at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oUmGQhBrn0&list=HL1346206031&feature=mh_lolz.
Finally and once again, many thanks from the bottom of our hearts and we wish you an awesome and fulfilling year ahead! :)
KOH Huiwen, Nadine (Ms)
Geography Major, Year 4
President | 46th Management Committee
NUS Geographical Society
1 Arts Link, Singapore 117570